Monday, August 17, 2009

Newsroom Food. Or How to Eat Like A King Without Consequence.

A random story from today...and other days. Newsroom Food. Kind of a running joke. Or at least I thought it was until I came to Portland. Granted, not everything I've had since coming here was from the newsroom. In fact, some of the best has been in the studio. Crazy, huh?
A brief rundown of what I've gotten to lay my hands on.
Eggs Benedict with Dungeness Crab
A Burgerville Bacon Cheeseburger w/ Blackberry Shake
A Fresh Homemade Tamale
Fresh Cyrus O'Leary Pie
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

That' s not counting various servings of pizza and donuts and other random snacks over the past couple of years. I must say though, when one of your on-air crew makes a habit of featuring fancy food in his live segments week in week out, I think I'm going to eat pretty well. I mean, I've been in Portland a month, and I've already had the first three on that list. I can't imagine what else I'll get to dig into.

There are of course other fun food phenomenon. Like the can of clam chowder that lived in my desk for 4+ months. Never did eat it. But maybe the folks at my old shop got hungry one night and indulged. I'll have to check on that.

So for noobs out there. News might not pay great...but the perk's aren't bad. Bon appetit!
And a shout out to another blog I follow that really breaks down the art of eating and TV...http://snacksinthelivetruck.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment